Beautiful handmade brushes for artists made in Brittany, France.
- Isabey Watercolour Pure Squirrel Round #B6221Ifrom $21.19
- Isabey Watercolour Pure Squirrel Flat #6236Ifrom $31.50
- Isabey 6088 Hog Filbertfrom $16.04
- Isabey 6512 Isacryl Roundfrom $21.76
- Isabey 6176 Cat's Tongue Fitchfrom $22.22
- Isabey Watercolour Syrus Round #6224Ifrom $16.65
- Isabey Watercolour Syrus Lettering #6231Ifrom $18.00
- Isabey Watercolour Syrus Flat #6239Ifrom $10.71
- Isabey Watercolour Isaqua Round #6241Ifrom $11.46
- Isabey Watercolour Isaqua Long Flat #6242Ifrom $16.92
- Isabey Watercolour Isaqua Fan Brush #6230Ifrom $27.30
- Isabey Kolinsky Sable Round #6228
- Isabey Watercolour Isaqua Long Round #6233Ifrom $13.79
- Isabey 6732 Squirrel With Wired Quillfrom $35.33
- Isabey 6728 Kolinsky Sable With Wired Quillfrom $65.71
- Isabey 6715 Squirrel Liner With Wired Quillfrom $56.58
- Isabey 6701 Universal Linerfrom $90.42
- Isabey 6852 Isacryl Long Flatfrom $21.34
- Isabey 6581 Isalon Fanfrom $27.24
- Isabey 6573 Mangoo Filbertfrom $21.05
- Isabey 6572 Isacryl Filbertfrom $22.75
- Isabey 6562 Isacryl Flatfrom $19.76
- Isabey 6561 Isalon Flatfrom $13.77
- Isabey 6531 Square Lettering Brushfrom $17.20
- Isabey 6421 Spalter Squirrelfrom $119.83
- Isabey 6420 Spalter Long Handlefrom $33.44
- Isabey 6416 Spalter Brush Short Handlefrom $21.58
- Isabey 6318 Liner Kolinsky Sable Roundfrom $62.68
- Isabey 6311 Lettering Brushfrom $11.90
- Isabey 6235 Cat's Tongue Squirrelfrom $42.94
- Isabey 6229 Retouch Kolinsky Sablefrom $31.90
Over 100 years of crafting exquisite artist brushes by hand.
For centuries beautiful handmade brushes for artists have been crafted in Brittany, France.
A region famous for fishing, the men of Brittany have traditionally left at dawn to man the boats, while the craftswomen of Brittany stayed at home to make the world’s most beautiful handmade lace and fine art brushes.
The art of fine brushmaking has been passed on from generation to generation of Bretons, and the brushes made today are the legacy of that tradition. It takes the brushmakers 7 years to learn how to make the brushes of the Isabey line. Isabey brushmakers must apprentice 10 years before being allowed to make the Kolinsky sable, red sable and Siberian blue squirrel mop brushes. Isabey travels to the most remote locations in the world to hand select only the finest hair available. Unlike manufacturers who buy pre-dressed hair and pre-assembled brushes, every Isabey brush is completely made by hand from start to finish, and completely hand dressed including the washing, sorting and shaving of the hair. In order to preserve the natural qualities and characteristics of the hair, all Isabey brushes are shaped exclusively during the mounting of the hair, without further cutting or re-shaping of its tip. Through traditional methods, careful selection of materials, the strictest quality control and unparalleled pride in workmanship, Isabey crafts brushes of distinction that are truly works of art. The adherence to this tradition that has been passed through the centuries makes Isabey brushes the finest in the world.
Learn more about our materials:
Khadi Papers: hand-made cotton rag fine art paperKhadi Papers are hand made in Karnataka, South India, from 100% cotton rag. Cotton rags have longer fibres than linters - which are the short flu...
Choosing the Perfect Fine Art Printmaking Paper:Choosing the perfect paper is an art to it self. Learn how to select the perfect printmaking papers, whether it is for etching & intaglio printing, screen printing, relief printing or even drawing & painting. We cover the keys to getting the right paper here.
Learning About Fine Art Paintbrushes:The paintbrush is an essential tool in any successful painting as it is an extension of the artist’s hand. Learn all about our brushes and how to ...